Friday, July 27, 2012

"Grown Up" Vegan Bubble Tea

Being from Bayside/Flushing, Queens...and given that I'm a graduate of Stony Brook University (where I think at the time I attended, the school was 30% Asian ?) , it's no wonder I know about Asian food. That and I also was in an Asian Interest sorority. Yes, that's right. I was in a sorority! But moving on, moving ON!

Anywho,  back in my college days, bubble tea was a real treat. They were often milk teas, and often flavored with powder (purple taro was my fave), and it was so fun to chew on the tapioca balls we sucked up with our giant straws.

But in time I drifted from bubble tea. I started to become increasingly aware of health and didn't want a beverage with loads of sugar in it anymore. And then I went vegan. And I definitely didn't want no milk in my tea!

So that's why I'm glad Loving Hut, an Asian-centric vegan establishment, offers a grown-up version of bubble tea for me. I say "grown up" because not only is it vegan, it offers healthier options. They offer black or green tea, and you can add passionfruit or mango flavor if you want. As a sweetener, you could have agave or raw brown sugar. As a "milk", you could have coconut milk, rice milk, almond, or soy. How cool is that?!



I went with their green tea with coconut milk and raw brown sugar.
Frothy, light and refreshing.

I'm so glad there's a place where I can get my bubble tea fix. Thanks Loving Hut!


...And so, in keeping with this Asian theme, I will post again very soon about more Asian fare-namely sushi!
Till then. Have a great weekend everyone!
xo,
Ellie 




No comments:

Post a Comment