Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Vegan Saturday

 
Hey everyone! Here is yet another installment of a typical Saturday in this vegan's life. As I've mentioned before, there have been some changes in my surroundings lately. I've moved from Greenpoint, Brooklyn to Jersey City, NJ. Why the move? I have a hankering to travel, and by moving to Jersey, I will be able to save money to do that. I'm quite happy at the new place! I love living with my close friend Kate, our place is beautiful, and we are close to India Square, where we can get some amazing vegan Indian grub on-for cheap! Kate and I like to go to Dosa House for some fantastic $6 dosas. We went there last Saturday with her awesome friend Emma and coworker Will for a meeting-that I crashed. We got our usual: the Green Pea Masala...








Later on, after rehearsal with the band, I headed to my friend Sophia's for her special Christmas/Hannukah party. She prepared a Chinese dinner. She was a fantastic host and the food was just amazing!
 
 
To start, Pan Fried Taro Cakes were served..
 
 
we had 'em with hoisin sauce..and sriracha!
 
 
Some other things we had...
 Fried Stuffed Tofu Pockets with Mushrooms and Taiwanese Cabbage
 
 Mung Bean Noodles
 
 Sauteed Chinese Watercress
 
Smoked Bean Curd with Sprouts
 
 
 Ma Po Tofu
 
 Sauteed Amaranth Leaves with Garlic
 
'Chicken' Seitan with Lily Flower, Woodear, Scallions and Goji Berries




 
 
 
For dessert, we had Adzuki Bean with Tapioca and Glutinous Rice Balls.



As you can see, the dinner was fantastic and the guests were all in for a treat! Thanks again, Sophia, for such a lovely meal!

xo,
Ellie
 

1 comment: