Monday, December 24, 2012

Brunch at Cafe Gitane


Yesterday I met with Jess, a college friend I hadn't seen in a while, for brunch. We went to Cafe Gitane, an African/Moroccan and French cafe located in Nolita. Their menu offers some delectable sounding food and beverages for both vegans and omnis, and it was a cute spot!

I ordered their avocado toast (with olive oil, lemon juice, and chili pepper flakes on seven grain toast), and their organic mixed green salad (with tomato and endive).



They also serve a Moroccan Couscous (with red peppers, raisins, toasted pine nuts, hummus and eggplant) that looked absolutely delicious. I told Jess jokingly that I had a date with that dish next time I visited the cafe. "You can come, " I said. She said, "Sure, I'll be the third wheel!".

I'll definitely be back. Anyone wanna come with?
xo,
Ellie

1 comment: