Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Cinnamon Snail Food Truck

Oh Cinnamon Snail! How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!...

...I finally got a hold of that dang truck last Thursday! And let me tell you-the chase was worth it.


 Based in New Jersey, this amazing vegan food truck business is named for their signature cinnamon rolls-which I have yet to try. What I did order was their Maple Mustard Tempeh Sandwich- served on grilled spelt bread, with roasted garlic aioli, kale, tomato and onion...

...which I brought back to the teacher's office at work, and devoured in less than five minutes.


They also sell donuts in all sorts of flavors such as Raspberry Cheesecake and Creme Brulee. I decided to go with their Maple Pecan donut.
I shared some of it with my total omnivore co-worker Jennifer and we were blown away. Jennifer actually used the word "bomb" to describe it.

I overheard the (super-nice) worker at Cinnamon Snail tell someone that their Apple Cider donuts are really good, so I'll have to try them next time-as well as their Cinnamon Snail, and other delectable-sounding sandwiches! What goodies of theirs have you tried?

Btw, they were accepting donations for Farm Sanctuary in a jar-which was overflowing. Love it!!

Oh Cinnamon Snail, you have a new devotee in me!...

Follow that truck on Twitter or Facebook:
Twitter:@VeganLunchTruck
Facebook:www.facebook.com/TheCinnamonSnail
Till next time!
I'll be posting again soon about more food adventures and recipes. =)

xo, Ellie

2 comments:

  1. It was the bomb!... so funny to see I made your blog... I will always be an omnivore, but I am definitely open to trying different vegan foods... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally like your post; you have shared good insights and experiences. Keep it up. nourishyourbody

    ReplyDelete