Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend Recap:Parties and Lula's and Foodswings, oh my!


Weekend recap!
And what a beautiful weekend it was.
I wanted to keep ya'll posted on my recent vegan-ings..
So here it is!


On Friday I went to my friend Rachel's 60's themed 30th birthday party, held at Yippee Museum Cafe. Rachel is an amazing activist for animals and is so wonderfully supportive to all her friends. She is an awesome lady-and she looked so beautiful that night!!

The party was great. Chill vibe, great music and dancing, and good people. Donations were accepted for Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary- a place Rachel frequently volunteers with. There were live performances throughout the night and everyone was awesome!! I also had the pleasure of singing for Rachel's party among the string of her oh-so-talented friends.

And this is me offstage..still singing.


On Saturday, I brought my journal and French textbook for a solo brunch at Cafe Royal in Greenpoint, blocks from home...
It's a cute, cozy spot that is super vegan-friendly. Among their treats are breakfast burritos for under five dollars, a great eggplant panini, the awesome artisanal Dun-Well doughnuts, Brooklyn Kombucha on tap, and a hearty vegan tofu skillet...

                                          ...which was what I had in their lovely back patio.



                                                                      Mmmmm.
The plate is made up of a tofu scramble, local sunflower toast with vegan butter, and a seasonal greens salad. And yes, that's hot sauce on the side.


After brunch, I sat in McGorlick park and daydreamed/studied French, basking in the lovely day.

                                                                     Hello, beautiful!

Later in the day, after rehearsal with the band, I tagged along with our bassist Colyn for an album release party in the East Village. I love Brooklyn but the East Village, where I lived for years, will always be my first home in my heart. Colyn feels the same (she now lives in Inwood).
At some point in the night, we wandered the neighborhood, stopping in some of our fave spots to pick up odds and ends and treats. Including...Lula's Sweet Apothecary.

Lula's is a great vegan ice cream spot that has a wonderful 50's ice cream shoppe vibe. They are super nice and offer you as many tastings as you want. They serve decadent sundaes and they use compostable cups! They are always coming out with new flavors, and rotate their "menu". My fave flavors of theirs is their soft serve cake batter and their mint chocolate chip. Colyn went with a classic chocolate scoop on a cone. It was Colyn's first time at Lula's and she loved it!

I also ran into my friends Dania and Kristy. I LOVE running into friends at vegan spots!
Looking good, ladies!
             
             
We also stopped in Good Beer, a super-cool beer spot with a great selection that offers tastings and snacks, including Field Roast Sausages!! If you haven't tried Field Roasts yet, do. Just. Trust me. Colyn bought some beers for her friends back at the party and a sausage on a yummy roll with mustard for herself.

                                                 She was kind enough to offer me a bite.


On Sunday, after Michelle and I attended my amazing friend Leif's bar pre-opening party (his place is called Donna in Williamsburg, and it's beautiful!!) , our tipsy selves went to the perfect place for  post-drink eats: Foodswings.

                                                                            Yup. Tipsy.


Foodswings is a great place to go to get down and dirty with fast food. It has great milkshakes and drumsticks. Michelle and I ordered their Sweet Southern Fried BBQ drumsticks and Metal Fries (w cheese, buffalo sauce and bleu cheese dressing).




And that concludes my weekend recap! Will post again soon about Earth Day, which is coming up in a few days!

xo,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment