Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vegan Breakfast~Bananas and Tahini

So...what the heck do vegans eat for breakfast? To some, the answer to this question may be obvious. But to many people I've encountered, the answer is not obvious at all! I've had some people ask me: "So you don't eat cereal/pancakes/bread?" And to that I've answered, "Actually, yes I do!"
If you're in the dark about vegan breakfast, let me fill you in!

Vegan breakfast includes and is not limited to: pancakes, french toast, granola/cereal w non-dairy milk, tofu scramble, muffins, soy/almond milk yogurt, oatmeal, grain porridge, shakes and smoothies (including green smoothies).... the list goes on!
You could also have Tofutti cream cheese, Earth Balance butter, a fruit spread or a nut butter on toast, an english muffin, or a bagel. If you wanna go even healthier, you could mash up a banana or avocado.

Three super easy ways to have a satisfying breakfast involve a flavor combo I really enjoy: bananas and tahini. May sound strange, but I think it really works!



1:A simple way to have this combo is by putting tahini and sliced bananas on an english muffin or toast, and sprinkling some cinnamon on top.

2:Another variation of this combo is a Banana Tahini Almond Smoothie:
Take....
2 frozen bananas
2 heaping spoonfuls of tahini
A handful of almonds (non-toasted)
A generous sprinkling of cinnamon
Water
..and blend. sorry, i'll get better about measurements!

3.Lastly, there is a Banana Tortilla Wrap.
I like to use Ezekiel tortillas for this recipe, made from sprouted whole grains:


-Lightly toast the tortilla in a toaster oven or on a frying pan (if you over-toast the Ezekiel tortilla, it will get stiff and it'll be hard to fold).
-Spread a generous amount of tahini on the tortilla.
-Throw in banana slices from 1 banana.
-With a spoon, put a light drizzle of brown rice syrup on top (a little sweetness here will go a long way!).
-Sprinkle cinnamon (as you can tell, I looove cinnamon with breakfast!).
-Wrap it up!
-Enjoy with a knife and fork.




                                                                   Yummmmmmmmmm.


Hope ya'll enjoy! And with that, I leave you with pics from a brunch potluck party I hosted last month for my awesomely fun friends. The food, by the way, was delicious!!:





Have a great weekend, everyone! Till next time.
xo,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment