Friday, May 25, 2012

Recent Restaurant Visits Part I: Quintessence~Angelica Kitchen~Paulie Gee's


Hey everyone!

Today's post will be Part One for a Two-Parter on some of the restaurants I've been to in the last few weeks. These posts should give you all an overview of some of the places I like to go to here in NYC!

 So let's begin!- And start with raw restaurant Quintessence, located in the East Village..


Now, this may sound funny, but I love drinking the water at this spot. They serve water that's been triple filtered by reverse osmosis. Sound crazy? Yeah, crazy refreshing! Take a taste and see.

Some of the things I like to order when I go to Quintessence are their Peter's Pot Soup and their Italian Sausage Pizza.

I also like their rolls, so that day I got their Scallion Creme Cheese Roll lunch combo.

Their raw cashew creme cheese... is delish!


Next stop? Angelica Kitchen, also located in the East Village!
...My top fave dishes there are probably their Dashi Noodles (the broth is insane!) and their raw entree Thai Mee Up. My friend Michelle and I also really like their Dragon Bowls. Their food is healthy, and what I love about this place is that, along with their constantly changing entree specials, they also serve different dessert specials that are just soooo good!

The last time I went was with Michelle, and instead of her usual Dragon Bowl, she got a special that night. A yummy veggie patty dish (I know cause she let me take a bite)!
That pesto sauce on top? Yeah. Soooo good!


I ordered their Thai Mee Up, a raw "pasta" composed of strands of daikon, butternut squash and carrot, served with garlic-lemon marinated kale and a Thai tahini dressing. I love this dish.

 Note to self: Get. Better. Camera. Sorry!!


On a side note: Michelle and I were seated next to the lovely Blythe Ann Boyd, owner of the amazing Lula's Sweet Apothecary. She was there on a date with some lucky guy!



Okay, so the next and last stop for today is going to be at Greenpoint, Brooklyn-home to Paulie Gee's, where you can find some awesome pizzas, vegan or not!

Paulie Gee's has their own vegan section on the menu! They also have amazingly scrumptious house-made cashew ricotta cheese and house-made fennel "sausage".

My friend Arthur and I went together and ordered their Vegan Greenpointer (Baby Arugula, Olive Oil, Post-Oven Fresh Lemon Juice and Nutritional Yeast) as a refreshing balance to their hearty In Ricotta da Vegan (Italian Tomatoes, House-Made Vegan Fennel Sausage, House-Made Cashew Ricotta Dollops, Baby Arugula and Extra Virgin Olive Oil).

The Vegan Greenpointer

In Ricotta da Vegan-hands down my personal fave!

Arthur and I also ordered their The Gates of Eden salad (sorry, devoured before thinking to take a pic!). It's not vegan, but we subbed gorgonzola cheese with their cashew ricotta cheese, and we loved it. I must confess the idea was not mine, but the idea of a certain vegan guy I used to date. I'm glad he thought of it, 'cause the cashew ricotta actually works really nicely with this salad. Highly recommend!

So that's all for today! Very soon I will post again about Peacefood Cafe in the Upper West Side and Jivamuktea Cafe in Union Square. Till then!

xo, Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment