Monday, May 28, 2012

Recent Restaurant Visits Part II: Peacefood Cafe~Jivamuktea Cafe

Hey everyone! Here's Part II for my Recent Restaurant Visits post. The first stop is in the Upper West Side. I actually don't make it out to the Upper West Side very often, but there are definitely some vegan gems out there worth checking out. One of them, besides Cafe Blossom (drool) is Peacefood Cafe...

Earlier this month Michelle and I stopped in Peacefood to have din before going to our friend Andreas's birthday costume party.


One thing I love about Peacefood is that they have delectable baked and raw treats and offer different specials- like these!
Vegan "Pigs in a Blanket" (how adorable is that?!)


"No pigs were harmed in the making"!

Besides their baked goods, some other things I really enjoy at Peacefood are their The Other Caesar salad, their Tempeh Avocado sandwich, their Roasted Japanese Pumpkin sandwich, and their Fried Seitan Medallion panini. Did I mention they also have vegan mango lassis? Pretty cool.

That night we got the Chickpea Fries, Michelle ordered their Roasted Japanese Pumpkin Sandwich, and I ordered their Roasted Potatoes Pizze (with sauteed mushrooms, arugula, oil-cured olives, pesto and truffle oil).



Chickpea Fries

Roasted Potatoes Pizze

Roasted Pumpkin Sandwich





Next and last stop: Jiva!
I've been stopping in Jivamuktea Cafe lately when I'm in the Union Square area. Jivamuktea Cafe is located in the Jivamukti yoga studio, and their food is healthy and all vegan. I usually like to get their Yogi's Choice (choice of 3 items plus dressing), but at one of my most recent visits, I ordered their  Supergreen Salad.

Supergreen salad (spirulina millet and red cabbage coleslaw over greens) with tumeric tahini dressing

A colorful medley!

Phew! So that about covers just some of the places I've been to. If you haven't been to any of these places, I definitely recommend you check them out. Peacefood and Angelica Kitchen are my personal faves.

 Peace out cub scouts! At least for now,  I mean. Next post will be about what I've been up to this fine Memorial Day weekend, which isn't over yet!
xo,
Ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment