Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Veggie Prom 2012

Last Friday I went to the third annual Veggie Prom for the very first time. I danced my caboose off and had an absolute blast!!

Now, you may be wondering: What is Veggie Prom?

...It's simply a prom-themed soiree for the veg*n and veg-curious community of New York City headed by event planner extraordinaire Jessica Mahady. Proceeds benefited animal rights organization Mercy for Animals, and it was held this year at Fontana's Bar in the Lower East Side.

Many awesome vegan companies donated food for the event. Some of these companies were Lula's, Raw Ice Cream Company and Regal Vegan. There was also a vegan nacho cheese pump!-But I didn't partake in any of this, because the beloved Cinnamon Snail food truck was parked outside the event! I got their raw pizza and smore donut-which I devoured too quickly to take a picture of (sorry!).
For more info about the event and its origins, check out this link:
http://www.cllctv.com/2012/05/18/jessica-mahady-veggie-prom-in-prom-we-trust/









I was so happy to see my friends and bestie Michelle was my date. I was also really happy to see my dear friends Rachel Kay and David Karopkin win the title of Prom Queen and Prom King. They do so much for animal activism and they truly deserved their recognition!!

So. Much. Fun.

xo....
Ellie

1 comment: