Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkin Picking~Hunan Cottage~Bud's Birthday Party

Last Saturday, I went pumpkin picking in Long Island with some of my fun, boisterous vegan friends. In the picture above is my pick- this pumpkin had character! It was oddly shaped and specked with green.



We also had some roasted corn while we were out there. Sans butter, of course (though we really could've gone for some Earth Balance!).

 
 
We also did a corn maze...



Michelle and I were a pair of thieves, stuffing some corn into my backpack. Shhhhh!




We shopped in the market, where they had produce for remarkably cheap prices.
 
Bud doing another one of his hilarious poses for the camera..

Our spoils!
 
 

Afterwards, we wanted to hit up 3 Brothers Pizza Cafe, since we'd heard good things about them, but we got a little lost. Then...I had to pee. So, we serendipitously went into this place called Hunan Cottage, and found that they have a vegetarian menu!



" Beef" with Broccoli
 
 Sesame "Chicken"

 "Chicken" and Eggplant in Spicy Garlic Sauce


 Sweet and Sour "Chicken"

Pepper "Steak"

...all served with brown rice!
 
 
 
After our meal, we headed back to Bud's to celebrate his birthday. His party was really fun, and there was lots of dancing...
 
 
 
Me and my dance partner
 
 
The party spread.
 Including hummus, a white bean dip (that Bud made), mulled cider and snickerdoodles and chocolate covered almonds from Trader Joe's. We would've added our corn to the mix but alas, we found it was inedible!
 
Happy Birthday Bud!
One of his friends made chocolate cupcakes and frosting to celebrate...
 
 
And that's all for now!
I will post again very soon about some things I made with the pumpkin I picked. Have a great week!
xo,
Ellie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment