Sunday, October 14, 2012

Roasted Fennel, Garlic, and White Bean Dip~Ginger Maple Miso Fairy Tale Eggplants


Last Sunday I had my good friend Shaliga over for dinner (I love cooking for this gal!), and I finally tried out some recipes I'd been meaning to make. The first recipe was an appetizer: a Roasted Fennel, Garlic and White Bean Dip that I found in this blog post: Kitchenette .

The aroma of the roasted fennel was amazing, and filled the apartment. It made me wonder why I don't make roasted fennel more often!

Before
 
After
 
 
The recipe calls for cannellini beans-but alas, I couldn't get my hands on any in any of the local shops (get it together, Brooklyn!). So, I alternatively used white navy beans, and it still turned out great. Phew
I also added more lemon juice than the recipe called for (as I often do), and a little extra olive oil to lube things up in the food processor. I'd definitely recommend doing the same, but keep in mind that you'd still want some chunky pieces of fennel in the mix.
 
 

 
We had the dip with some carrots, sweet red peppers and fresh foccacia bread from the farmer's market. I liked having it with the bread best, because I was able to appreciate the flavors of the dip most with it.




 Shaliga helped me make the second recipe-Ginger Maple Miso Fairy Tale Eggplant, while filling me in on her latest news...
 
 
Before
 
 
After
 
 
Mmmmmm...
 
We served it up with some quinoa with tuscan kale. All in all, it was a great meal!
 
 
 You can find the recipe for the roasted eggplant here: Save the Kales . I hope you'll try the recipes, too-and tell me how they turn out! Hope you're enjoying your October, and have a great week everyone!
 
 
Till next time.
xoxo,
Ellie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment